Monday, January 30, 2012

Trend Alert: Sea Mania

Hello my beautiful fashionistas,

Seashells, starfishes, seaweeds, seahorses, sea waves and fishes; thats most likely what you will see on the runway this entire SEAson (get it) lol.... I  love this trend because I'm obsessed with the sea, I even want to name my first child Ocean. hehehehe! Theres a cool, clean and chic feel about this trend, so refreshing. Although it has been seen on quite lot of runways this season, some fashionista's might find it hard to warm up to it, I mean lets face it not everyone will find seaweeds and starfishes sexy and sophisticated. Although many fashion houses have featured the trend in their Summer/Spring 2012 collections. Chanel, Versace, Emanuel Ungaro, Alexander McQueen, Givenchy, Yves Saint Laurent and Holly Fulton just to name a few....


Holly Fulton Summer/Spring Collection 2012
Holly Fulton Summer/Spring Collection 2012

Emanuel Ungaro Summer/Spring Collection 2012


    Versace Summer/Spring Collection 2012
                                                                                                       

Chanel Summer/Spring Collection 2012


Octopus Scarf Vest from TopShop


YSL Starfish Ring


Alexander McQueen Shark's Tooth Pandent 


Versace Starfish Ring


I love the Versace Summer/Spring Collection 2012 Ad Campaign with Giselle Buchen.


I dig this trend. Do you I see it lasting for ever? Probably not. But thats the thing about trends they are not meant to last forever, they are just for right now/today, cause tomorrow something new will be trending. And thats how we like it.... Lets us know what you think about it.

Ta Ta For Now,
@Melody_Motha
I take no credit for any of the pictures on this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment